01 January 2014

A Happy End and Beginning




Greetings and wishing you loads of joyful adventures for the upcoming new year.

I love the opportunity that the end of a year provides us so that we can take a moment to reflect on all that has happened and realize how much we have contributed to ourselves and the lives of others.

I'm sure you've had ups and downs over the last year, haven't we all? And we have the chance to choose what we will take with us and what we can leave behind.

I took this morning to collect a few photos from my 2013, selecting some of my highlights and most fun and enjoyable moments painting.

Thank you, yes you!
For your kind words, input and contribution to me on my path this year. I grew in leaps and bounds this year, not only as an artist but as a human being.

I learned some valuable lessons about winning, losing and most of all just playing the game.

I am looking forward to our continued shared journey in 2014.

I am starting a new tradition this year and that is to choose a word that will be my theme and focus, guiding my actions and giving me context for the upcoming year.

My word and context for 2014 is
CENTER

what's yours?

Share your goals with me here on the blog or send me an email.

CENTER to me means calm focus, being true to myself and artistic vision, balance between work and play, spending time where it is important and letting go of the "shoulds". This word speaks to me and excites me to see where it will take me over the next year.


Wishing you a creative and courageous 2014


With love and gratitude,
Kelly

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kelly. It was a pleasure to meet you in 2013.

    I've been using 3 words for the last couple of years,but haven't finalised 2014s yet. I'll post when i have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue and a very Happy New Year to you!
    I'm so glad that we had the chance to meet this year as well, I hope we will have others soon. I'm looking forward to hearing your words for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you've had a beautiful and busy 2013! Hope you have a wonderful 2014 - been following for a while and look forward to the next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for your lovely comments and for following the blog and painting adventures.
      2014 is going to be awesome, I'm very exited for the upcoming year of painting.

      Delete
  4. When I think of 2014 I keep thinking of the word "focus" for some reason. Like I need to focus on what I am working on since i tend to be all over the place with too many things going on at once (sorta like this long long drawn out sentence)... happy new year Kelly! I soooooo love your painting adventures!! This is also the year I get one of your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leslie and thanks so much for following my work and for your contribution of "focus", I love that! Focus takes us where we really want to go and has us leave the not so important behind.
      Wishing you a happy and prosperous 2014 and I'm looking forward to being a part of your collection this year,
      Kelly

      Delete