11 February 2013

Quiet Studio

A friend left me her studio one day while out of town, having the whole place to myself. 

What to paint? 
So much to choose from.

This lone chair against the window spoke volumes to me about an artists' studio, just waiting for the model to arrive or the artist working at the table. It was a moment in between moments that I wanted to capture.






8x6"
Oil on Linen Panel
©Kelly Medford


I just love painting silent spaces, they give me solace and suggest a story. These interior paintings are renewing and refreshing to me.

The challenge in this painting was the softness of the curtains with their bright light coming through and then contrasting them with the empty chair.







Upcoming Workshops:

Art of the Painted Sketch: August 21-28, 2013
for details

The Light and Life of Venice: October 12-20
for details


No comments:

Post a Comment